Capital Equipment Material Handler
The position of Capital Equipment Material Handler is responsible for filling the two-bin Kan Ban system in both production and service. This position will also help with yearend physical inventory as well as help pick orders in the warehouse as needed. This position needs to have moderate computer skills and the ability to work within an ERP system. This position will need to execute on a variety of work instructions to assist with production of finished goods for sale as needed. The Capital Equipment Material Handler needs to have excellent organizational skills, and must function well in a team environment. Versatility and an ability to adapt well to changes and system improvements is important. Willingness to perform duties outside of material handling and a willingness to train others in all aspects of the material handling duties. Demonstrate a positive attitude. Work safely and use good judgment in order be safe.
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail in the execution of work instructions, accurately repeating and documenting steps.
- Understand procedures to meet ISO and FDA guidelines for compliance.
- Perform activities outside of manufacturing as necessary to assist other departments.
- Work in a team environment, with co-workers, engineers, etc. to meet company objectives
- Provide training to others as necessary
- Adapt to changes in procedures, revisions, updates, and system improvements
- Understand company policies, Quality System, and its documentation requirements, to meet FDA compliance.
- A Capital Equipment Material Handler should have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience in material handling or a related field.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience using hand tools and working with small components is nice, but not a requirement.
- The ability to accurately record information.
- An ability to follow detailed written work instructions.
- Experience operating a computer.
- ISO/FDA related work experience is ideal.